(a) The Commissioner of Conservation and Natural Resources, upon application of any person qualified by education or experience in the care and treatment of wildlife, may issue an annual permit to such person at a cost of $25.00, under such terms and conditions as he prescribes, to possess wildlife for public exhibition purposes in accordance with this article and regulations adopted pursuant thereto.
(b) Each application for a permit shall include:
(1) A statement regarding such person's education or experience in the care and treatment of wildlife and that of any individual employed by such person for such purpose;
(2) A description of the facilities used to keep the wildlife in captivity;
(3) A statement of the number of species or subspecies of wildlife to be covered by the permit and a statement relative to where or from whom such wildlife was acquired;
(4) A signed agreement that recommended standards for wildlife exhibitors as promulgated by the Commissioner of Conservation and Natural Resources will be adopted and adhered to; and
(5) Such other information as the Commissioner of Conservation and Natural Resources deems appropriate.