For the purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the meanings described herein, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) ALLIGATOR FARM. An enclosed area not located on public lands or waters, constructed so as to prevent the ingress and egress of alligators from surrounding public or private lands or waters and meeting other specifications prescribed by the department, where alligators are bred and raised under controlled conditions.
(2) ALLIGATOR FARMER. A person who raises alligators under controlled conditions which prohibit free movement of the animals onto and off of the farm or controlled area, and who may harvest alligators under the supervision of the department.
(3) ALLIGATOR PART. Any part of the carcass of an alligator, except its skin.
(4) ALLIGATOR PARTS DEALER. Any person who deals in alligator parts and who buys from an alligator farmer for the purpose of resale; or manufactures within the state alligator parts into a finished product; or purchases, cans, processes, or distributes alligator meat for wholesale or retail; provided, that a retailer selling canned alligator parts or a retailer purchasing alligator parts from an alligator parts dealer or a restaurant selling prepared alligator meat for human consumption shall not be classified as an alligator parts dealer.
(5) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
(6) DEPARTMENT. The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
(7) TRANSPORT. In its different tenses, the act of shipping, attempting to ship, receiving or delivering for shipment, transporting, conveying, carrying, or exporting by air, land, or water, or by any means whatsoever.