Where used in this chapter the following words and terms shall be given the following respective meanings unless the context hereof clearly indicates otherwise:
(a) AMENDMENT. Amendment 617 to the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, authorizing the issuance of the bonds.
(b) CORPORATION. The respective public corporations authorized to be created by this chapter.
(c) BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The respective board of directors of the corporations.
(d) BONDS. The bonds issued under the provisions of this chapter.
(e) CODE. The Code of Alabama 1975, as amended.
(f) GOVERNMENT SECURITIES. Any bonds or other obligations which as to principal and interest constitute direct obligations of, or are unconditionally guaranteed by, the United States of America, including obligations of any federal agency to the extent the obligations are unconditionally guaranteed by the United States of America and any certificates or any other evidences of an ownership interest in such obligations of, or unconditionally guaranteed by, the United States of America or in specified portions thereof, which may consist of the principal thereof or the interest thereon.
(g) GOVERNOR. The Governor of the State of Alabama.
(h) LEGISLATURE. The Legislature of the State of Alabama.
(i) PERMITTED INVESTMENTS.
(1) Government securities.
(2) Bonds, debentures, notes, or other evidences of indebtedness issued by any of the following agencies, to the extent that the obligations are secured by the full faith and credit of the United States: Bank for Cooperatives, Federal Intermediate Credit Banks, Federal Financing Bank, Federal Home Loan Banks or Federal Land Banks, or any other agency or corporation which has been or may hereafter be created by or pursuant to an act of the Congress of the United States as an agency or instrumentality thereof, the bonds, debentures, participation certificates or notes of which are unconditionally guaranteed by the United States of America.
(3) Bonds, notes, pass through securities, or other evidences of indebtedness of Government National Mortgage Corporation and participation certificates of Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation.
(4) Full faith and credit obligations of any state, provided that at the time of purchase such obligations are rated at least "AA" by Standard &amp;amp; Poor's Rating Group and at least "Aa" by Moody's Investors Service.
(5) Public housing bonds issued by public agencies or municipalities and fully secured, as to the payment of both principal and interest, by contracts with the United States of America, or temporary notes, preliminary notes or project notes issued by public agencies or municipalities, in each case fully secured as to the payment of both principal and interest by a requisition or payment agreement with the United States of America.
(6) Time deposits evidenced by certificates of deposit issued by banks or savings and loan associations which are members of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, or the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation, provided that, to the extent the time deposits exceed available federal deposit insurance, the time deposits are fully secured by obligations described in clauses 1, 2, 3 and 5 above, which at all times have a market value (exclusive of accrued interest) at least equal to the bank time deposits so secured, including interest, and which meet the greater of 100 percent collateralization or the "AA" collateral levels established by Standard &amp;amp; Poor's Rating Group for structured financings.
(7) Repurchase agreements for obligations of the type specified in clauses 1, 2, 3, and 5 above, provided such repurchase agreements are fully collateralized and secured by the obligations which have a market value (exclusive of accrued interest) at least equal to the purchase price of the repurchase agreements and which are held by a depository satisfactory to the State Treasurer in the manner required to provide a perfected security interest in the obligations, and which meet the greater of 100 percent collateralization or the "AA" collateral levels established by Standard &amp;amp; Poor's Rating Group for structured financings.
(8) Uncollateralized investment agreements with, or certificates of deposit issued by, banks or bank holding companies, the senior long-term securities of which are rated at least "AA" by Standard &amp;amp; Poor's Rating Group and at least "Aa" by Moody's Investors Service.
(j) PUBLIC HISTORICAL SITE and PUBLIC HISTORICAL PARK. Any site or park which is owned by the State of Alabama, a county, municipality, or public corporation created pursuant to Alabama law, or other public body of the state or its political subdivisions thereof, and a major part of which such place includes land, dwellings, structures, sites, exhibitions, historical demonstration classrooms or facilities, monuments, memorials, restored and recreated buildings, artifacts, relics, or other components having a historic nature or pertaining to the history of the United States, State of Alabama, county, municipality, community, or person or people.
(k) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(l) HEREIN, HEREBY, HEREUNDER, HEREOF, and other equivalent words refer to this chapter as an entirety and not solely to the particular section or portion thereof in which such words are used.
The definitions set forth above shall be deemed applicable whether the words defined are used in the singular or plural. Whenever used herein, any pronoun or pronouns shall be deemed to include both singular and plural to cover all genders.