The following words and phrases used in this chapter and others evidently intended as the equivalent thereof shall, in the absence of clear implication in this chapter otherwise, be given the following respective interpretations:
(1) APPLICANT. A natural person who files a written application with the Governor in accordance with the provisions of Section 9-6-4.
(2) AREA OF OPERATION. The area specified in the certificate of incorporation of the authority, within which the authority is empowered to carry on its business and activities under this chapter.
(3) AUTHORITY. A public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(4) BOARD. The board of directors of an authority.
(5) BONDS. Such term shall include bonds, notes, debentures and certificates representing an obligation to pay money.
(6) COUNTY. Any county in this state or in contiguous states.
(7) DIRECTOR. A member of the board of directors of an authority.
(8) INCORPORATORS. The persons who form a public corporation pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(9) MUNICIPALITY. Any city or town which is incorporated.
(10) PERSON. Unless limited to a natural person by the context in which it is used, such term includes a public or private corporation, a municipality, a county or an agency, department or instrumentality of a state or of a county or municipality.
(11) PROPERTY. Such term shall include real, personal and mixed property and interests therein.