The following words and phrases used in this chapter, and others evidently intended as the equivalent thereof, shall, in the absence of clear implication herein otherwise, be given the following respective interpretations herein:
(1) AUTHORITY. The public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(2) BOARD. The board of directors of the authority.
(3) COUNTY. A county in the state.
(4) DIRECTOR. A member of the board of directors of the authority.
(5) MUNICIPALITY. An incorporated city or town of the state.
(6) PERSON. Unless limited to a natural person by the context in which it is used, such term includes a public or private corporation organized under the laws of Alabama or of another state, a municipality, a county, or an agency, department or instrumentality of a county or municipality, of one or more of the several states, or of the United States.
(7) PROPERTY. Such term means and includes real and personal property, and interests therein.
(8) STATE. In the absence of clear implication herein otherwise, such term means the State of Alabama.
(9) SYNFUEL. Such term means synthetic fuel which is any solid, liquid or gas, or combination thereof, which can be used as a substitute for petroleum or natural gas (or any derivative thereof, including chemical feedstock) and which is produced by chemical or physical transformation (other than washing, coking, desulfurizing) of domestic sources of:
a. Coal, including lignite and peat;
c. Tar sands, including those heavy oil resources where:
1. The cost and technical and economic risk make extraction and processing of a heavy oil resource uneconomical under applicable pricing and tax policies, and
2. The cost and risk are comparable to those associated with shale, coal, and tar sand resources (other than heavy oil).
d. Water, as a source of hydrogen only through electrolysis.
Such term includes mixture of coal and combustible liquids including petroleum. Such term does not include solids, liquids or gases or combination thereof derived from bio-mass, which includes timber, animals and timber waste, municipal and industrial waste, sewage, sludge, oceanic and terrestial plants, and other organic matter.