For the purpose of this article, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings indicated unless the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) WATERSHED CONSERVANCY DISTRICT or WATERSHED DISTRICT. A subdistrict of a soil and water conservation district which constitutes a governmental subdivision of this state and a public body, corporate and politic, organized in accordance with the provisions of this article for the purposes, with the powers and subject to the restrictions set forth in this article.
(2) DIRECTOR. One of the members of the governing body of a watershed conservancy district.
(3) BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The governing body of a watershed conservancy district.
(4) SUPERVISOR. A supervisor of a soil and water conservation district in which a watershed conservancy district is situated.
(5) BOARD OF SUPERVISORS. The governing body of the soil and water conservation district in which a watershed conservancy district is situated or, if the watershed conservancy district is situated in more than one soil and water conservation district, the joint governing bodies of such districts.
(6) LANDOWNER or OWNER OF LAND. Any person, firm or corporation who shall hold legal or equitable title to any land lying within a watershed conservancy district organized or proposed to be organized under this article;
(7) DUE NOTICE. Notice published at least twice, with an interval of at least seven days between the two publication dates, in a newspaper or other publication of general circulation within the appropriate area or, if no such publication of general circulation is available, by posting notice in at least three public places in each county lying in whole or in part within the designated area. At any hearing held pursuant to such notice, at the time and place designated in such notice, adjournment may be made from time to time without the necessity of renewing such notice for such adjourned dates.